Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine's Day

So my Valentine's day started out great! I got up early and went to the donut store to get the kids some donuts. I found this really cute saying on Pinterest and thought the kids would LOVE it! And they did. It says "Donut you know we LOVE you a hole bunch" I bought donut holes. Then I set the table with our special red glasses and Valentine's napkins. I put the plate of donut holes in the center along with a bunch of bananas. The kids thought it was great!

Over last two weeks I had been heart attacking their bedroom doors. Some days they got one heart and others they got a few hearts. And I'll be honest there were even a few days that were especially rough for me and I did NOT put any hearts on their doors. Because I could not think of something nice to say.  Those were probably the days when I should have put a heart but it did not. We've had a few very rough days this month. Madison was the one that enjoyed these hearts the most. Each day she would look to see what new one she got. She does not read very well yet so she would always ask someone to help her read them.


For dinner I made the kids favorite meal. MEATLOAF!!! But this time they each got one in the shape of a heart. And for dessert (that's really the most important part of the meal for me) they helped me make individual brownie and strawberry trifles.




I decorated the dinner table with some more hearts and candles.The kid thought it was neat.
It was great to see them get excited! 
We had my parents join us for dinner. The kids always LOVE being with grandma and grandpa. 
The day went pretty well for the kids. I think they really felt the love. 
I know it's kind of a cheesy holiday but I am trying to create fun memories for the kids. 

My sister gave me some old pajama pants that were torn and she could not wear anymore so I made them into a cute skirt for Madison to wear for Valentine's day. She loved it!!!


No comments: