Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MS Walk



My friend Stacey was diagnosed with MS a little while ago, she has a sister Holly who passed away from MS in November, and their mother has been living with MS for at least 20 years. Stacey decided to get a team together for the MS walk in Murrieta this past weekend. When I heard that she was putting a team together I was so excited, I have been wanting to do something to help support her and am so glad I had the opportunity. I was able to raise some money to help find a cure. The walk was this past Saturday and really neat. Our team name is "Hairs 2 the Cure." Stacey is a hairdresser so the team name is perfect.

She has a client who is a graphic designer so she had shirts designed with our team name on it. I brought John and the kids with me. We thought the walk would be about 3 miles so John hung out at the park with Charles and I walked with Mad in the stroller. The walk ended up being no more the 1 1/2 miles, but it was so great to walk for a cause and show Stacey that she is important to me.
It's not too late to donate, so if you want to click here.


3 comments:

Jenn said...

I so would have joined you guys if I wasn't on partial bed rest! Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you were able to support her!

Heidi said...

Thats so great that you got to do that. How is she doing with it? I ran into Brett one day while I was visiting and he said that its not nearly as bad as Holly or Lynn have it. Tell her Hello when you see her again!

Lorie said...

That is awesome that you were able to do that!