Friday, June 5, 2009

18 Months Old


I really CAN NOT believe that our little Miss Mad is now 18 months. She is growing and changing so much we LOVE it. We went to her Doctor's appointment yesterday and she is doing very well!!! She now weighs 22.5 lbs and is 32 inches long. That moves her up into the 70% percentile for height and 40% for weight. Yeah! Now that she is more then 22 lbs she is able to ride facing forward in her car seat. I just turned her around yesterday before we left for the doctors (I knew she was more then 22 lbs. I just wasn't ready to turn her around.) She loved it! She loves that she can see me and she is not in a semi-reclined position. The only problem is is that her car seat is a little deep and has big sides so it is hard for her to see Charles. But oh well, she will get over it.

She is a pretty good toddler for the most part. She has her moments just like any other 18 month old. She is very friendly and loves to get peoples attention. I constantly see her doing this little shy/bashful smile to people behind us at the store and they always LOVE it. She is such an entertainer. She doesn't have a huge vocabulary maybe around 5-8 words. But she babbles and jabbers ALL day long. She is never quite. My dad jokes that she is speaking the pure language. I don't really remember when Charles' vocabulary exploded so we will just see how things go with her.

Things Madison Loves:
Giving kisses, both blowing kisses and closed mouth kisses (awh yeah we have moved on from the open mouth kisses)
Playing outside; in the dirt, with snails, & water
Swinging
Playing in any and all forms of water
Dancing to music
Dogs
Books
Still LOVES Wow WowWubbzy (she even says "wow wow" now)
Talking on the play phone
The Camera (She now smiles for me when she sees it. Charles has NEVER done that without some coaxing.)
Clapping
Smiling and Flirting with strangers



3 comments:

Janica said...

She's so cute! Look at that hair and her teeth give me hope for Emily. Whenever I see Wow Wow Wubzy on, I always think of Madison. And yay for nursery! I am starting to feel the pain John went through during church.

Jessica Martiele said...

Aaaaaaaaahhhwwwww...congrats to you guys! She is TOO CUTE!

Amber said...

Cute! I love your family picts!