Monday, June 1, 2009

What's New

**On Saturday was our ward Primary Activity and the kids went on a pioneer trek. It was so cute I wish I had thought to bring my camera. Some of the kids came dressed in pioneer clothes. They split the kids into different companies/families (you couldn't call it a family with the kids because if you asked them where their family was they would look for their mom or dad or siblings, it was too cute.) Then they gave each family a few babies and a wagon and they proceeded to cross the plains. They had different stations with different activities. It was such a great idea and the kids had a really good time. One of the stations was the saints crossing the Mississippi River. They had a tarp laid out with a bunch of ice on it, then they made the kids take off their shoes and socks and told them how the saints crossed the icy river. Then they had the kids walk through the ice with their wagons. Charles was holding on the side of the wagon and VERY nervous about walking through it. (He didn't want to take his shoes off the in first place but I insisted he participate. I don't want him to grow up not wanting to do anything.) As they started to walk into the ice you could see Charles moving farther to the back of the wagon and hanging on pretty tight, maybe he thought he could keep the wagon from going in the ice. But once we realized he couldn't he clenched on to the wagon with both arms and pulled his legs up to his chest and just hung on for dear life. It was so hilarious. (I really wish I had my camera now!) Then when he couldn't hang on any more he let go and ran off the tarp. It was so funny! He had a great time.

**Yesterday was Madison's first day in NURSERY! Hooray!!! She did such a great job. I thought she may be a little hesitant because sometimes she is a mama's girl, but she did not care that I put her in there. She ran right in an NEVER looked back. I love having independent kids.
It was so nice for John and I to be able to sit together for Sunday school and the third hour (ours was combined). I can't even remember the last time that happened. In our previous ward I was in the primary presidency so I didn't go to Sunday school and relief society. So it was very nice to do so. We do not yet have callings in our current ward but the bishop wants to meet with us this week. Hopefully we can tell him we are in escrow! That would be nice.

**We are still house hunting and have found several houses we like. And one that we LOVE! We have two offers in on house but are just waiting for the bank. This market is so crazy! I just wish the banks had more staff to meet the demands of all these offers. We will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Jessica Martiele said...

You know, it's funny, us big-callings-too-young group; it's not just that you wish you were in escrow for the sake of being a homeowner, but so that you don't have to take on another crazy calling! (At least, that's how WE feel!) :) Good luck with the house hunt, congrats on Madison in nursery, and congrats, too, and convincing your son to trek through the ice! Go Garthes!

Heidi said...

WOW that is lots going on... YAY for nursery!
and house hunting... man that is a PROCESS! I really hope you guys find what you want!

Amber said...

Good luck with things. Let us know when you move too. We can meet up at Miguel Jr.'s. I love that place!