Monday, August 23, 2010

1st Day of School


My little boy is growing up!! Today he started his first day of Kindergarten. We have been waiting for this day for so long! I think I have had more fear and anxiety about him starting then he did. He was very excited and has been talking about it for while now. We got him all ready to go and Madison and I walked him to school. It was very nice to be outside and get the kids moving, especially since Charles would be sitting in a class room for so long. His school does full day kindergarten so we will so how it goes. When we got to his classroom he did so good. He walked in and found his cubby, put his backpack in it and then went to walk away. I asked him to come say good bye to mommy and Madison. That is when I started tearing up, I thought I would be fine, but I guess not. My eyes got all watery and I could feel my emotions getting the best of me. After all my baby is going to school for a full-day!!! And the baby is due in 2 weeks!!! Then Charles eyes started to tear up a bit and he asked why I was crying. I whispered in his ear that mommy was very excited that he was going to start school. Then I kissed him and told him we would be back to pick him up later. He walked off and went to play with the other kids. Today was not too bad. But tomorrow may be a little harder after he experiences a long day he may not want to go back. We will see!

1 comment:

Janica said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sure he will do fine. The question is what will you do with just Madison!? What a big boy he is!
P.S. Can't wait to see that little baby. You might have to wait full term though since you aren't seeing Thanos anymore! :) Hang in there!