Monday, September 19, 2011

My New PR

On Saturday my good friend Janica and I ran a 10K together. We did our first ever 10K together back in 2009. You can see the post here. For that race we ran it in 1:05:32.6. This time I was determined to finish in under an hour. So thanks to my handy Garmin watch we were able to complete it in 58:32 (*updated: posted race results.) Hooray! We shaved about 7 minutes off our previous time. That is pretty good. I felt pretty good the whole time. The race was very low key, there were only about 500 runners. It was along the beach in Huntington so the weather was perfect for a long run.
Now I am thinking I could get my PR even lower next time. 
I am so glad that running has become a hobby of mine, I LOVE IT!!! I love that I can set goals and see the progress that I make as I work to complete my goal. It also feels SO good to complete a long run.     I think one day I want to do a Marathon. 
Anyone want to train with me?????
The Pink Ribbon bands are in support of my sister in law who is fighting breast cancer.
We you Anna!!!!

2 comments:

Janica said...

Thanks for running it with me. Next time, I swear I will be more ready to chat with you the ENTIRE time!

Heidi said...

Good for you Jess! You are lookin good :)