Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A NEW bed

Since we have a new baby coming soon I decided to start looking for bunk beds for Madison's room. I want to transition Claudia into a big bed before the baby comes to try and make life easier once the baby arrives. Claudia is a HUGE climber and I was afraid she'd climb up to the top bunk and then not be able to get down. I searched the Internet for bunk beds with a slide thinking that would be a great solution. But they all were made of metal, and I'm not really a fan of the metal bed look. So I kept searching and finally found one that had stairs up the side. I thought that would be Perfect, Claudia knows how to do stairs so I thought this was a great solution. Well then I saw the price tag.....$1200. Yikes!!!! I knew there was no way that John would let me spend that much money on a bed for the kids. And we don't even have that kind of cash lying around anyway. So I started periodically checking Craigslist just to set what else was out there. While searching one day I found a listing for bunk beds with the stairs that I loved. And it was only $400. John was still Not sold on the idea of getting bunk beds but I emailed the seller anyway. And luckily she still had them. Long story short, I was able to haggle the price down to $300 and my dad so kindly took some time away from work to help me pick them up because they were moving that evening and needed them gone ASAP. 
So I got exactly what I was looking for at a fraction of the cost! 
Now we just need to buy mattresses for the top bunk and trundle.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a super cute bed! Good job on the haggling:)

Heidi said...

I love it! I want a trundle for my boys when we get to that point :)
And you definitely got a STEAL!! Nicely done!