Sunday, April 6, 2014

Big Girl Bed & Blankets

The baby is coming shortly so we needed to evict Katelyn from the crib. We decided to wait until after her surgery because we would also be getting rid of her blankets. Katelyn has been a thumb sucker since she was a tiny baby but as she got older the only time she would suck her thumb was when she would have her special blankets. So we slowly started taking away the amount of time and when she got those blankets. Which also lessened the thumb sucking. So we figured if we could get rid of the blankets, which now she was only getting in bed, then we could eliminate the thumb sucking. Which was only happening in bed. So a few days after surgery we moved Claudia into Charles room and moved Katelyn into Madison's room. The top bunk in Madison's room has high sides so it's kinda like a crib.  She has transitioned surprisingly well.  Although I think she may still be sucking her thumb from time to time. I guess I shouldn't worry since it's only done in bed and on rare occasion. 
There have been a few times when she cried herself to sleep on the floor. But all of the kids have done that. I'm just happy that she is still taking her nap and going to bed at the same time. 
Since we took all Katelyn's blankets away for good I decided that I needed to make her a blanket like I've done for all the other kids. So I gathered all my scrap material and put together and quilt for her. 
And since I was making her a new blanket Charles and Madison asked me to make them new blankets too since theirs were getting too small. 
Here's Madison's blanket
And this one is Charles'. 
Nothing fancy and far from perfect, but they Love them!

No comments: