Monday, November 9, 2009

Birthdays

This month is a busy one for us for Birthdays. The beginning of the month we have our brother-in-law Daniel's birthday. Then we have two nephews at the end of the month along with a cousin, and both my parents birthdays are toward the end of the month as well.

This year for my parents us kids decided to buy them each a bike. They talk about wanting to exercise more and Dad's doctor has told him that a bike would be good for his knees. They had no idea what we were planning. Justin brought the bikes over and put them on the porch. We did dinner as usual and then Janelle was talking with Dad about her not having money to buy him a gift. And he said something about wanted something he can physically unwrap. I wasn't planning on having him unwrap anything I was just going to give them clues that led them to the porch. So I quickly made a puzzle with the clue and then put some pieces for the puzzle in two boxes and wrapped them so they each would have something to unwrap. They were both SHOCKED to find the odd things I had put in their box to weigh it down. They put their puzzle together and then followed the clue to the porch. They were both SHOCKED!!! I think Dad was a little more excited then Mom was about the bikes. I know that Dad wanted one. The next day Dad adjusted his seat and even took his bike for a spin. It was fun to see him riding a bike and the kids got a kick out of it. Hopefully one day they will make a habit of riding their bikes together. How fun would that be!








Our Nephew Nathan had his party at a park and it was very nice. Very mellow and low key. The kids as always had a great time being with their cousins and playing.
And I was able to get some really cute photos.






1 comment:

Leanna said...

CUTE IDEA! I think bikes are so fun! I hope to get one soon too! That's awesome that you and your siblings pulled in together. So fun! Also...I love the look of your new house. Congrats!