Friday, November 27, 2009

Bye Bye Bottle

Madison has officially been off the bottle for over a week now. HOORAH!!!! I have been dreading taking away the bottle since Madison absolutely LOVED it. And I kept telling myself that I will do it when we move into our house. But since we are still not in our house and her birthday is a few days away I decided why not try it. I bought some new sippy cups from Jamba Juice (my absolute FAVORITE cups) and she drank some milk out of it the first time I gave it to her. So I decided to put her to bed with one of the new cups instead of a bottle. She fussed at first when she saw it and was not happy that is was NOT her bottle. But I squirted some into her mouth so that she knew it was milk and then laid her in her crib and put it next to her. She screamed a bit, I walked out and let her fuss. It only took a few minutes and then she was fine. She didn't drink ALL the milk as usual but she went to sleep with minimal fuss. And in the morning she fussed again but I just sat her on my lap and held the cup in my hand in front of her until she finally took it. Of course she hasn't been drinking as much milk as she was with a bottle, but she hasn't asked for the bottle either. Yeah!!! Mission Accomplished!!! Now I need to work on potty training and transitioning from the crib to a bed. We'll wait until we get into our new house for those.

1 comment:

Peterson's said...

Wow, congrats! Potty training stands no chance!