Friday, April 23, 2010

Finally an Ultrasound

We have been waiting weeks for Kaiser to finally schedule our Ultrasound. And the time finally came for the appointment. Yesterday we went in for the appointment and I brought John and the kids along because I thought the kids would enjoy it. (Charles went to my last Doctors appointment and got to hear the babies heart beat and thought it was so cool, so I knew they would like this.) At first they didn't let John and the kids in and I was really worried they wouldn't. I'm new to this Kaiser thing and they have more rules than I expected. The ultrasound tech said she would allow them to come in once she was done get all the info and pictures she needed. After waiting in the waiting area (away from the lobby area where John and the kids where) it was finally my turn. Poor John was in the lobby not knowing if he and the kids would be joining me. The ultrasound tech took what seemed like forever to get all that she needed. Partly because the baby did not want to flip over. Which hopefully means this one is MUCH calmer then my other two. So John and the kids finally got to come in probably after about 45 minutes of waiting in the lobby. The kids were excited to see the screen and tried to make out the ultrasound. I think Charles got most excited when he saw the feet. (They were the most distinguishable part.) So the verdict is............................











We are having a GIRL!!!!!!!!
Just as I expected. Not sure why, but I have thought for several weeks now that it would be a girl. Which is great because my brother's wife is having a girl the end of May and one of my good friends is having a girl in June. So this new baby girl, whatever her name ends up being will have a close cousin and friend.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

YAY! what fun to have other girls around.

Janica said...

Congrats! Can't wait to meet her!

Jenn said...

Hooraaaaaay!! My sister will be jealous. She is due about 2 weeks after you & just found out this morning she is having another boy! That makes 5 grandsons on my side of the family...and no girls.