Saturday, December 18, 2010

Blessing Day

We blessed Claudia on Sunday November 7th. It was a great day with lots of family and friends with us. Claudia did such a great job while John gave a beautiful blessing. After sacrament meeting we went back to the house and enjoyed some yummy early dinner with our family. It was so great to have so many people with us that day. My dad's aunt and cousin along with her husband were even able to make it. Along with my parents & siblings, Mom Garthe and her sister Aunt Mo, her daughter Debbie & son Timmy, and cousin Laura and son George, the Gibsons, the Burkes,  and a few of my dad's sisters, Susan & kids and Kathleen & Candice and John's good friend Geoff. 
It was a great day!!!!
The dress that she wore has been handed down from my mom's family. Her family was Christened in it for several generations. (My mom was the first member in her family) All of my sisters wore the dress and Madison wore it as well. It's so special that we have this beautiful piece of our ancestors to pass on to our children.

No comments: