Thursday, December 23, 2010

Madison's Birthday

 We celebrated Madison's 3rd Birthday with a Candyland Party for our family. I got all my game ideas from this amazing website, so I take no credit of my own for the games. Of course my party didn't look quite as cute, but the kids LOVED it!
We decorated gingerbread cookies (they were actually chocolate sugar cookies, I wasn't sure how many kids actually like gingerbread so I thought the chocolate may be a better choice) at Gingerbread Tree
Tossed candy into the bucket at Peanut Acres.
 
Had a race carrying peppermints on a spoon in Peppermint Forest
Raced to see who could eat their licorice with NO HANDS in Licorice Forest
   

Ate Yummy Rainbow cupcakes. (they did not look very pretty, but tasted pretty good)
 
Madison was SO EXCITED that her cupcakes had Sprinkles and Lollipops.
Megan enjoyed them too!
Then she opened presents and had the best expressions on her face, she is SO dramatic!!! It's hilarious.

She fell in LOVE with this princess couch that converts into a bed from Grandma & Papa Garthe. Sara thought it was great too!
 
She has been sleeping in this ever since she got it. Who needs a real bed when you have a Princess couch that turns into a bed!

I'd have to say that Madison had a pretty good birthday, with lots of fun games, great presents, and WONDERFUL company. Thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

You are always so creative with birthday parties! I have a question though, how did you make those rainbow cupcakes? One of the themes that McKenzie is thinking about for her birthday is a rainbow party and I am looking for a good recipe and those looked perfect. Would you mind sharing???