Friday, March 18, 2011

6 MONTHS

Claudia turned 6 months old a week ago. I took her in for her 6 month check up and she is doing GREAT!!! 
She is 15 lbs (30%)
25.5 inches long (50%)
and her head circumference is 43.5 cm (80-90%)
She dropped a bit in weight percentage but she is doing good and we have no concerns.
I started giving her rice cereal around 5 months and she took to it very well. I've been giving her fruits and vegetables with her rice and she is already picky. I don't remember my other kids not liking certain things, but she definitely does NOT like green beans. She at least tries what I give her and I'm sure her likes will change and she gets introduced to more foods.
Last week, just before she turned 6 months she started sitting up with out assistance. It is great! She will sit there and play with toys and watch the other kids. (Finally some independence! I love it!)
About a month ago she started getting really vocal. She will yell out or grunt or make noises like a goose. I guess with all the commotion of older siblings around she needs to make sure we are all aware she is here. Luckily it hasn't been too much of a problem at church.
She is also settling into more of a schedule. She is napping a TON better than she used to an puts herself to sleep most of the time.
We LOVE our Claudia so much and are so glad she is a part of our family!!!!

No comments: