Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Summer Wrap up Part 1 (June)

I tried my best to prepare for the summer knowing that a new baby would require a LOT of attention but yet I would still have 3 other kids that needed some attention as well. So one day while browsing through Pinterest I found a clever idea. I can't find where I originally found it or if this was the name they called it. But we call it "Pick a Stick." This cute little jar has sticks full of ideas. Each stick has an activity or craft or game that the kids can play on their own. I gathered ALL the supplies that we would need so that at any time when the kids were bored and I could not help them or we just wanted NO more T.V. on, then the kids would pick a stick and do what was on it. They really liked it at first. But as the summer wore on they started getting selective about which stick they would pull. I often found them searching for the stick they wanted. Silly kids!

The girls enjoyed taking a bath in the dark with glow sticks! Not as fun as I would have thought, but they liked something different.
 Charles and Madison had a Great time playing in shaving cream. (This was one of the "pick a stick" activities.)
 The kids played in the water in their Pjs. At this time I was ready to Pop and not feeling up to taking them to the pool. So instead they filled up these two buckets and had a BLAST!!!!

The kids were very patient with me at the end of my pregnancy. They let me rest which was really nice. Most of our days we spent in the house just hanging out! And they didn't seem to mind it one bit!

No comments: