Friday, August 31, 2012

Summer Wrap up Part 3 (August)

I didn't do so well at taking photos in August. We spent a lot of time around the house again.
John's sister gave us TONS of Geo Tracks that her kids don't play with anymore so John and the kids built as HUGE city in our loft. The kids loved it!
Claudia even enjoyed playing, or should I say destroying it!

I found a fun craft called Hot Rocks. You basically heat up rocks in the oven and then paint on them with crayons. The crayon melts when it touches the rock and then hardens when it cools. I've been wanting to do this for a while but the kids were NOT interested. I finally convinced them to do it and they LOVED it! 
Until each of them got burned! 
But they did say that want to get more rocks and do it again. I guess they didn't get too scared from the burns!
 I think they look so COOL!!!

We also tried to complete our "Summer To Do List." 
 
We didn't get everything done. We were a little too ambitious this year. It was a lot more difficult to do some things with a new born and a very ACTIVE toddler!
Maybe next year!

No comments: