Friday, December 18, 2009

Our Crazy Life

The past two months have been very crazy for us. The roller coaster of emotions we have had for our house have caused the most craziness. For those of you who I haven't melted down to, we still are NOT in our house. And may NOT be this YEAR. Yup that's right, this year NO house! We have been in escrow now for about 70 days. About 10 days before we were scheduled to close escrow the note on the house was sold to a new bank. Yes you heard that right. The house has a 1st and a 2nd loan. And they were both with the same bank so when we opened escrow we had the Short Sale approved with the bank. Great! Then the bank sold the 1st loan to a new bank. On November 1st we had to start the approval process ALL over again. It took a few weeks for the new bank to get all the information and assign a negotiator to the loan. Once the negotiator was assigned we got approval from the 1st within a few days. It was great! Mission accomplished. Well since the 1st and 2nd were originally approved together as one, when the 1st was sold we had to get approval for the 2nd again, even though it was still with the same bank. So the original bank that owns the 2nd had to assign a new negotiator to the loan. This took several more weeks just to assign a negotiator. Thanksgiving came and went. Finally about a week and a half ago the 2nd was assigned to a new negotiator. Awesome! They told us we would have the approval by Dec. 16th. Hooray, we could close and be in our home for Christmas! Then on Monday we found out that the 2nd does not like what the 1st is giving them. BUMMER!!!! Depression hits once again! The 2nd has requested permission to negotiate with the 1st so they can have more money from the sale. Yes very crazy!!!! (Even though the 2nd who is the original bank that owned both loans probably made money when they sold the 1st to the new bank, so why do they deserve more!) So now we are PRAYING that the 1st and 2nd will play nice together and will quickly come to an agreement. When I heard the news I was devastated and sad and wanted to be angry. But I didn't feel angry very long, for I know that we have come this far and been through so much and have been comforted and strengthened by Heavenly Father the whole way. With out him I know I COULD NOT have made it this far. We have struggled so much to buy a home. But I know that there is a plan and we will soon be in our very own home. But in the mean time prayers have been the only thing keeping me sane.

And as if Life is Not CRAZY enough yesterday when I was babysit a friends kids my PARKED car was HIT. Some girl swerved to miss a CAT and ran into my poor car. Now my car is not drivable because she hit the back fender and popped the tire and twisted the axle. It has the spare on it, but it sits funny and rubs when you drive it. So now I am trying to get a rental car and get my car into the shop so that I can get a few things done that I need to. The funny thing is, my dad taught us when we were learning to drive to NEVER swerve for an animal. He said always try to slow down if you can, but it is better to plow it over then to swerve and hurt yourself, another driver, or another car. I guess she never got the same less. Poor girl!
My POOR car!

But amidst all the chaos we are trying to have a normal Christmas. We have had fun with family seeing Christmas lights, making ginger bread houses, caroling with the primary, been baking a little, having FHE lessons about Jesus, and watching some Christmas movies. Hopefully next year we will be able to do a more normal Christmas and start some new traditions that I planned on doing this year but just didn't work out. I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner.



2 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

You poor thing. I was insane when we were going through the house buying process and the banks were so unorganized. Good luck and merry christmas!

Jessica Martiele said...

HO-LY COW, Jess, I am SOOOOO sorry. I have been frustrated just BEGINNING the process, I can't IMAGINE how exasperating it must be to you to have to do all of this. That said, when you ARE in that home, you'll never want to leave it for any reason. :) And you're exactly right. Our plans and God's plans for us almost never line up, but they ALWAYS work out. :) :) :)

By the way...that photo of your little girl with the other two kids? She looks like the fraternal twin of the other one in the pink! Holy cow! Maybe it's the angle, but...SUPER cute!

Good luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS, GARTHES!!!