Thursday, June 23, 2011

9 Months!!!!



My baby is now 9 months and I love it!!! She is generally happy and smiles ALL the time. She is a total mamma's girl but is still really friendly to all she comes in contact with. When she smiles her eyes just light up! It's so adorable. 
We went to the doctors about a week ago and she is doing great!!! 
She weighs 16 lbs. 8 oz. and is almost 27 inches. I didn't get her exact head measurement but it is in the 75th percentile. So for weight she is in the 10-15th percentile and for height she is in the 25th percentile, following after her big brother, small body and BIG head. To keep their big brains safe!
She is right on track developmentally. She has started to cruise a little but is mastering just standing without holding on anything!! She’s so proud of herself when she lets go. She is starting to eat more solid foods and doesn’t really like me to feed her with a spoon anymore. I’ve gotten creative by feeding her with a straw. She seems to like it and can down a container of baby food very quickly. Her 2nd tooth just popped in this week so she has been constantly chewing on everything!!! She’s stopped doing the raspberries and has moved onto babbling. She really entertains herself with it.  She still was not sleeping through the night at about 8 ½ months and I was DONE with waking up to feed her when I knew she was getting plenty of food during the day. So one night she woke up just as John and I were going to bed, I decided this would be the night, so I just let her cry it out. I lay in bed for a while but couldn’t handle listening to her cry. So I went downstairs to work on a project I had be putting off. Every once in a while I would check the baby monitor to see if she was still awake. An hour and 45 minutes later and she finally went to sleep. She did not cry the whole time just off and on. Sometimes more screaming than crying but it only took one night. She has been sleeping through the night ever since. I guess she caught on quickly. Then I was annoyed that I had waited to so long to do it. I could have done this months ago. Or maybe she wouldn’t have been ready then. But it has been great! She now sleeps from 7:30-6, nurses at 6 then goes back to sleep until about 7:30. And now Mommy gets to sleep! It’s great!!! 
We absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE our little Miss Claudia. She is such a joy to have in our family. The kids adore her and she is starting to play independently more and more. 
We had our first adventure in the pool yesterday. She did REALLY good. No screaming or crying. She did want to get out of her little floaty thing a few times and have mommy hold her but she hadn't taken a good nap all day and was just really tired. I guess now we are ready for summer and a LOT more pool time.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

She is a total doll baby!!

Sarah said...

She is sleeping through the night--yippee! That is great! I love the picture of her in jeans...baby girls in denim is my favorite! Such a cutie!!

Moore Family said...

adorable! Sleeping through the night is the best. That one or two nights of crying is the worst but worth it.