Thursday, June 30, 2011

Random

Just wanted to post a few random things that we have been up to....(Please excuse the horrible camera phone pictures. These days it's too much work to lug around my big camera and a baby.)
The kids had their first dental appointment a few weeks ago. I scheduled both Charles and Madison's appointments back to back and it worked out great!!! Charles actually went to the dentist last summer for the 1st time but they didn't really do much by way of a real cleaning. The hygienist was not very good and Charles was VERY nervous so he was a little uncooperative (Or so she said.) She basically used a tooth brush to gently brush his teeth and then only did x-rays on one side. So this appointment I'm counting as his 1st REAL cleaning. Charles went first and did SO GOOD! We all (me and the girls) got to sit in the room with him. Which was really good because Madison was able to watch him and see that it wasn't really that bad. She was very excited for her turn. They both did great. They even did really good for the x-rays. Charles had a few more cavities, as we expected. But Madison had NONE!!! I was shocked. She is my little sugaraholic. When the dentist came in the room to look at the x-rays he was looking at Madison's and said to me "any concerns mom?" I looked at him and said, "She eats a LOT of candy" he then said "Well whose fault is that." (It sounds kind of mean but he did not say it mean at all. He is actually very nice.) Yeah I know. So we've been working harder to keep the kids teeth clean so that we have no more cavities.


 We've taken the kids out for a bike ride after dinner a few times and Madison falls asleep EVERY time! I will all of a sudden hear screaming from the trailer and then look back and see Madison slumped over onto Claudia. But once I stop the bike and come to see her Claudia is ALL SMILES!!!
The last week of school Charles received a couple of improvement awards at school. They also did a little graduation ceremony in the classroom. I really can't believe that the school year is over. (Well has been over for almost a month now, I'm a little behind.) 

We have a "To do List" of things we want to do this summer, on the list is "make a fort" Daddy decided to make a fort with the kids the other day
 They LOVED it, but I think he got a little carried away! He took not only the sheets and blankets off our bed, but he took the mattress off our bed and Madison's bed. He would have taken Charles' mattress too but Claudia was asleep in his room. John saw that I was not so happy about his great idea so he made them a New one in the loft with sheets instead of mattresses. I wish I had of taken a picture of it!
 Claudia got a hold of one of the kids markers and decided she needed a mustache! No I think she was trying to eat it! Good thing it was a washable one.
 Madison was invited to her friend Elizabeth's house for a princess play date. We had my niece Megan that day so my sister-n-law could take the boys to the beach. We traded, I got Megan and she got Ryan. It was great!!! I had an ALL girls day!!! So Megan came along with us to Elizabeth's and the girls had a blast. Kim is such a great mom. She plans fun things for Elizabeth and helps her to learn and have fun every day! I really want to be more like her!!!
 They made Crowns and Princess Puppets! So CUTE!!!! Thanks Kim, it was so much fun!!!!

No comments: