Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween

 Master YODA
 

Pirate Girl 
(can you tell she wasn't feeling well.)

Zebra
 
 
Claudia LOVED her costume and giggled every time we put it on.

Halloween for us is ALWAYS very eventful. On Thursday we had Mom Garthe's annual work Halloween party filled with lots of food, games, and fun!
 
 
Friday we had our ward Trunk or Treat. 
Madison woke up in the middle of the night on Thursday night with a fever and a lovely CROUP cough. Then she threw up all over me. So after giving her Tylenol and resting on Friday she was finally feeling a little better. We took her to the trunk or treat anyway. On the way there she kept telling me her stomach hurt, I kept telling her she was probably hungry and just needed to eat. When we got there she asked to go to the bathroom so as I was walking her to the bathroom she PUKED ALL OVER ME and all over the hallway and bathroom of the church. Yeah! Not so fun!!! But she did feel much better after that. John and I cleaned everything up and then her and I hung out in the back of the car until Charles was done trunk or treating. 
Saturday morning John and I went with our friends the Woolfs to the Newport Temple for a session. (Oh how I miss going to that Beautiful temple. There will always be a special place in my heart for that temple.) Then we went to Cafe Rio for some YUMMY lunch. It was our first time and we really really enjoyed it!
After lunch we picked up the kids from my parents house and headed to John's parent's house for a birthday party for my nephew Nathan. After the party we headed back to my parent's house to attend their ward Trunk or Treat party. Madison fell asleep on the way back to my parents and stayed asleep on the couch. So John stayed there with her while I took Charles and Claudia to the party. Charles loved it! They had a Star Wars room. It was really neat. They gave each person a light saber then the walked in and were taught how to fight and then they had to fight Darth Vader. It was pretty cool. Charles wasn't too into trick or treating and Claudia just sat in the stroller and enjoyed her sucker. It was a nice mellow night, which included NO VOMITING so that was good!
On Sunday we had our friend the Johnson's over for dinner and pumpkin carving. We had a BLAST catching with them and letting the kids play. 
 
Can you tell the kids were NOT happy about having their picture taken! Haha!
Then Monday was another eventful day. I babysat my friends little boy Parker, we had a Halloween party at the park with some friends from church and preschool. Then we went to Charles' school to see him participate in their Halloween Parade. Then we did some Trick-o-Treating around our neighborhood when John got home from work. The kids really enjoyed it and were not shy about knocking on doors. 
 
Definitely a VERY busy couple of days. But a LOT of FUN!

No comments: