Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Today Madison turned 4 years old. She is so excited that this day has finally arrived.
Charles has been getting two vitamins for a few years now and she keeps asking when she gets two. A while ago we told her when she turns 4 she gets 2 vitamins. So for months now when we talk about her birthday or ask her when her birthday is she would say she gets 2 vitamins on her birthday. So you could imagine her excitement today. 
 
Today was a pretty ordinary day for us. Last night just before I went to bed I realized I only had 4 balloons to put in her room. While John was blowing them up one popped and by morning a 2nd one deflated also. Since I failed at filling her room with balloons I wrote a message on her mirror doors. Which she didn't even see since at 2 AM she woke up screaming and came into our room. Charles was the first to see the remaining 2 balloons and the message in her room. 
I think I need to plan better next year.
We decided to take her out to dinner for her birthday. We went to our favorite place, Red Robin! She was so happy that they gave her ice cream. 
We had her birthday party on Sunday so nothing really exciting happened today. 
But the party was lots of fun.
Madison always asks for a princess party but for some reason I just can't bring myself to give her a princess party. So I always try to find a new theme that she likes. This year was tricky. I kept giving her all kinds of idea, none if which she liked. Then I stumbled upon a blog and the author had a Pajama and Pancake party for her daughter. I threw the idea and Madison and surprisingly she LOVED it. So we sent out the invites and had all our family wear their pajamas.
It was lots of fun and most people, even adults wore their pajamas. As the kids arrived we had them decorate door hangers. Madison LOVES stickers and was so excited to share this activity with her favorite people.
 
   
We did a pancake toss and a pancake relay. 
 
 
 
 
The kids LOVED it. Charles is still talking about it weeks later. For dinner we served breakfast! Pancakes, sausage, eggs, and juice. It was wonderful and super easy. And the best part was, ALL the kids LOVED dinner. That doesn't happen very often with our extended family. 
And of course we had cupcakes!
 
It was a great day!

1 comment:

Janica said...

We did that for Emily's third birthday. Isn't it the best?! So cheap and easy and they love it!