Thursday, April 12, 2012

Conference Time

We have been anxiously waiting for General Conference. Well I shouldn't say we, but I know I have! I've felt the need of a spiritual recharge. And conference always does the trick.
As a mom I am always looking for ways to keep the kids occupied during conference but still somewhat involved in the speakers and messages. I started searching the Internet a month or so before for some great ideas. Pinterest had lots of good ideas but I finally found one that combined a few all in one. This blog http://craftcritters.blogspot.com/2009/03/general-conference-activities-for_27.html had the idea of having conference bags. I thought this sounded great. I did not make mine look as cute as she did. I just found every bag/envelope I had in my house and put the games/crafts/treats in them. The kids really liked it. They were bummed because we went to my in-laws during the second session on Saturday and we did not take the bags with us so there were some that they didn't open that had fun stuff in it.
In my bags I had; Conference Bingo, Dollar Store crafts & activities, snacks, matching games, coloring sheets, word searches, play dough, and a few others I can not think of. I tried to make as many as I could related to the conference and/or general authorities. I will definitely try this again next time. Maybe with some more thought and effort put into it. I kinda procrastinated on it.  Some of the things Madison loved but Charles did not. 
But that is how we learn, by "Trial and Error"

No comments: