Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter weekend

Easter weekend always seems to be full of fun activities. Since Easter gets so commercialized I decided this year I wanted the kids to learn more about the REAL reason we celebrate Easter. While teaching primary several years ago I came across these cute symbols of Easter that had scriptures to go along with them. So I collected all my tiny objects and put them in 12 eggs so we could count down to Easter. The kids LOVED it! Especially Madison. She would remind us each day that we had to open an egg. On Easter morning after we had opened all our eggs we watch the Lamb of God with the kids. Some of it was a bit much for Madison. But I really think it helped them to understand more about the real reason we celebrate Easter. I think this will be a New tradition for our family!

 As far as Easter Activities go we went to John's sister's house on Saturday afternoon and the kids got to color eggs, have an Easter egg hunt, and the Easter Bunny even dropped by and left some treats for the kids. 
 
(My kids have mastered the art of looking at me with their faces but not their EYES! It drives me CRAZY!!!!!)

Then on Sunday the Easter Bunny hid the kids baskets so that when they woke up in the morning they had to go find them. The kids always enjoy this. They each got a new pair of Crocs, perfect for summer, and some treats. 
After church we went to my parents house for another Easter egg hunt and the kids were again spoiled with treats from Grandma and Grandpa! It was a nice weekend and great to be able to spend so much time with family.
We truly are SO BLESSED!!!!!!

No comments: