Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Easter Baskets & Fun Treats

I like to do things out of the ordinary and try to be more frugal most of the time. For the kids Easter and Halloween baskets I have tried to be more creative instead of just buying them at the store. Two years ago I made the kids Easter baskets out of ice cream buckets. I decoupaged fabric on the outside and added some cute accents on the buckets. I was quite proud of my little creations. This year I decided it was time for new baskets. I've always wanted to do empty paint can holders for something but decided I wasn't going to spend $5 bucks a pop to make them into Easter baskets. So my next best option was to use #10 cans and decorate them! I took the kids to Jo~Anns and they each picked their favorite scrapbook paper. I think they came out pretty cute! Simple, Cheap, and Personal! Love it!

We used some Jell-O molds my mom gave me to make some Jell-O treats. The kids thought they were pretty cool!

Jell-O eggs
 
Jell-o Jellybeans

No comments: