Friday, April 1, 2011

Sports Chalet...really!!!

A couple of weeks ago I took all 3 kids out to run some errands. We went to the sports store to get me some new running shoes. I had gone a few days before to the running store to be fitted for some new running shoes. I did not buy them at the running store because we had a gift certificate to Sports Authority, and I knew they would not help me find the perfect shoe for my foot. So I took the kids into the sports store the minute we walked through the door Claudia started getting fussy. I knew exactly what shoe I needed so I thought we would be in and out. I quickly tried the shoes on to make sure I loved them as much as I did at the running store. While trying them on Madison told me she had to go potty. Great! She can not hold it very long so I quickly finished trying out the shoes and then took her to the bathroom. By then I had to take Claudia out of the stroller because she was just not happy. So Madison went to the bathroom and then we headed for the check out. Both kids were kind of wandering around not really coming with me. Finally we ALL made it to the check out. I had two coupons that I thought may work. One was for $10 off any purchase over $100, the shoes were on sale for $95, so it was not really worth buying something for a couple of bucks only to get $10 off. My second coupon was for 10% off any shoe purchase of $50 or more, excluding sale items ( I really HATE those ones.) What do you know the shoes were on sale for $5 off, so I could NOT use any of the coupons, big BUMMER!!! It's gets better...so after realizing I can't use any coupons I finally hand over my gift card excited that I was not paying full price out of pocket. The lady looks at the card then looks at me and says "this is for Sports Authority" I looked back at her and said "yes" (not knowing why she said that) then she looks back at me and says "this is SPORTS CHALET." What!!!!!
No WAY!!!!! 
I totally thought I was at Sports Authority!!! I could not believe that after all the craziness in the store I was at the WRONG store!!!! I apologized to the lady, because I was defiantly not going to be buying the shoes from there. As I walked the kids to the car I realized that Sports Authority (where I wanted to go) was just a few blocks down. But after the errands and being at the wrong store I just decided to GO HOME!!!!! 
That was the day I realized why so many people only have 1 child!!!! Having 3 is NOT easy!!!!

No comments: