Thursday, August 18, 2011

11 Months

On August 11th Claudia turned 11 Months old!  
She is such a HAPPY Girl!
Taking her picture next to the monkey for comparison is getting more and more difficult. She just wants to grab the monkey and eat him, or throw him at me. She is too funny!
The kids wanted their picture taken too!
She isn't walking yet, which is unusual for my kids, but I'm okay with it. She has mastered going up the stairs and thinks it is SO funny to climb to the top super fast and then sit up there and squeal at us down below. We've taught her to come down backwards on her tummy and she does a pretty good job. She still worried me on the stairs so I stay close by when she's there. She is eating pretty much all table food now and loves most everything. We are still nursing which is huge for me. I think nursing is great, but I do not enjoy it and have never nursed passed 7 months until now. Claudia is doing great.
She is babbling like crazy and does say "hi" and "dada dada." I can get her to do the "mmm" with her mouth but the M sound doesn't come out. I'm sure she'll get it soon enough. She is starting to explore more and more each day. She has discovered my kitchen cupboards and loves to try and get them open.
The other day I found this...
You may not be able to see if very well. But the jar sitting next to her is our oil jar. The jar where the cooking grease gets put once we've used it. Yeah! Nasty! She grabbed the jar and when she dropped it the bottom broke off. Luckily it was in a plastic bag so the glass did not get out but the oil was EVERYWHERE. She was frustrated because she couldn't get away. She was so slippery! I had to mop my floors multiple times to get out the oil off. And the towels I used to clean up the mess still smell like Vegetable oil after washing then 3 times. Yuck!!!
This past week she had Roseola. She developed a fever on Sunday that wasn't too bad. It came and went then on Tuesday it spiked up above 102 and continued through Wednesday. Then went away and came on mildly again Thursday and then on Friday she started getting redness around her eyes. (Which is normal for her when she cries, but not normal all the time.) I thought maybe she irritated her eyes by rubbing them with something on them. But when I was getting her into the bath I noticed her back was COVERED in red spots. I went to my Kaiser Health Care book and researched rashes. Then I tried to rack my brain to remember if there was any new soap or detergent I was using that she may be allergic to. I couldn't think of anything so I read on. I found were it discussed Roseola and the sudden rash that comes after fever. All the symptoms that they listed were EXACTLY what Claudia was experiencing. Luckily her fever never got too high and she now just has the rash a little bit. Which is way better then the fever.

No comments: