Friday, August 12, 2011

He's how old!!!!

John turned the big 30 on the 29th so I threw him a surprise dinner party with a few of his closest friends and their wives. Luckily his friends have GREAT wives who are some of my closest friends too!
It was a stressful day for me (I just couldn't get it together).....the kids and I drove out to meet him for lunch. We picked up Sonic (Yummy!) and then headed to a park near his work to eat. Unfortunately it was a REALLY busy week for him so we weren't able to let the kids play. He had to get back to work. From there I dropped the kids off at my parents house and then headed home to finish the preparations for dinner and the party.
John was planning on working late since he had a TON of work to get done. I was hoping to just have him come home and have his friends there with no thought that anything exciting was going to happen for his birthday. But since he kept telling me he was going to work late I had to tell him I was planing a date night for us and I needed him home on time. So he finally agreed to come home on time.
The party was Minute to Win It themed. I sent out these invites
Each team picked a name and wore matching outfits. 
I had John's outfit hanging up in the laundry room with a note that told him to get dressed before coming in the house. Two of the couple and I were waiting inside to surprise him. (The third couple came a bit later)
He was very surprised!!! I was so excited!
We had yummy Pork Tacos and chatted for a while and then headed to the park to play the games.
For the teams we had :
R2C2 (Rod and Rose Cristales)
 
Lycaon (Brian and Sarah Woolf)
AVATAR (Reed & Carly Sorenson)
 Black J's (Us)
 We had a BLAST playing lots of fun games. We laughed so hard we cried! It was a great night.
We played:
Check out the slide show to see some of the fun we had!



No comments: