Thursday, August 4, 2011

Swim Lessons

The kids were able to do swim lessons this year thanks to Operation Splash and my parents. They really enjoyed it even though there were not the best students. 
I'm afraid I have ruined my kids when it comes to swimming. I have allowed them to be in their life jackets too long and now they are their security blankets. They just don't want to let them go. 

A few days into swim lessons they finally listened and did as their teacher asked. But still were very hesitant about letting go. Madison won't even put her face in the water. But she LOVES to swim around the pool with her life jackets on. I'm going to try to work with them more on my own and hopefully by next summer they will be more confident in their swimming abilities without their life jackets.
 
Are friend from our ward was the one who suggested we do swim lessons; her kids and some other friends kids were in swim lessons with us too. It was great!

No comments: